QIDP – LIBENU CILA HOMES
Job Title: QIDP – LIBENU CILA HOMES
Department: Community Living Services
Qualifications: Must be legally eligible to work in the United States
Education: Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Education, Human Services or related field
Experience: Minimum of one year of related experience with individuals who have intellectual/developmental disabilities
Preferred: Supervisory experience, 2 years of experience in community based residential programs, knowledge of Jewish traditions and practices.
Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results
Planning: Think ahead and plan over a given time span; attention to details;
Communication: Strong verbal and written communication; prompt response to emails and phone calls
Conflict resolution: Proactive approach to problem solving and conflict resolution
Supervisory: Manage, direct, motivate, and inspire staff; strong interpersonal skills
Collaboration: Work with supervisors, professionals, partners, and parents to create exceptional client experiences.
Health and Safety: Detailed-oriented attention and action to all health, safety, and cleanliness issues.
Physical Demands: Must be able to perform a two person lift.
The QIDP is functions in the role of the primary manager for all clients, coordinating all services across environments. The QIDP is responsible on a day to day basis for ensuring the integration, coordination, and monitoring of the active treatment program for each of the Libenu CILA clients.
The QIDP directly supervises the Direct Service Providers – Residential Counselors. The QIDP is directly supervised by the Clearbrook Coordinator of Living Services and interacts with Libenu’s Director of Residential Services. This will include acting in the role of primary point of contact and communication for all programs and families / advocates.
The QIDP communicates and collablorates with Libenu staff and reflects Libenu’s core values, promotes community inclusion and belonging for clients, and maintains a gold standard of care in the Libenu homes.
- Model best practices, and train direct service staff on client strategies, outcomes, medical and behavioral needs, and other aspects of client support.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of the needs, strengths, and history of each client to whom she/he is assigned.
- Coordinate and head the Community Support Team necessary for the development, review, and revision of each client’s active treatment program as outlined in the Individual Service/Person Centered Plan.
- Maintain timely, consistent, and valid data on each client’s individual goals ands use that data for the revision of the Individual Service/Person Centered Plan.
- Ensure that proper releases and consents are obtained and maintained in the client file for all behavior programs, medical treatments (as needed), photographic requests, funding source requests, etc.
- Ensure that each client’s Service Plan is reviewed monthly by the proper staf or consultant.
- Make referral to behavior staff, consultants, or outside services required by the client.
- Work directly with the Direct Service Providers – Residential Counselors, Therapy Aides, Nurses, and other staff to ensure that the programs and techniques are carried out in a coordinated fashion and as set up by the Community Support Team.
- Develop and maintain family/guardian/correspondent contacts necessary for the coordination of each client‘s Service Plan and for the proper maintenance of the client’s social and family relationships outside the facility. Keep record of these contacts.
- Make re(erral to nurse for medical appointments or to report medical or physical concerns.
- Ensure that all supports are provided for medical appointments, including direct involvement by QIDP if necessary.
- Ensure recreational and social schedules for large group, small group, and 1:1 outings are developed with the input of clients and Residential Counselors.
- Provide direct care as needed in cases when Residential Counselors are out on activities or absent.
- Ensure that menus are being planned and followed in accordance with state or departmental regulations. The Q is responsible for the planning of meals and ensuring proper food supplies are provided for all clients.
- Conduct and document monthly client/house meetings in each home, reviewing with clients core areas of concern (menus, satisfactions, needs in the home, planning of activities, etc)
- Review Medication Administration Records (MAR) on a weekly basis and report all errors to the Nurse immediately.
- Maintain ongoing communication with parents and guardians.
- Work collaboratively with Libenu staff to ensure that the organzation’s policies and values are consistently implemented.
- Perform any other duties as assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Develop and coordinate shift assignments and obtain substitutes with the approval of the Coordinator or Director as needed.
Head staff meetings at least twice a month.
Ensure that the homes are adequately staffed with Residential Counselors.
Participate in agency committees as assigned.
Conduct staff meetings at least once a month.
CILA OIDPs run programs that are open and active 24 hours a day, seven days a week. As such, oHice times will be flexible in order to accommodate those hours. Office hours must be approved by the Q’s supervisor to ensure that all essential office functions and meetings are properly attended.
Complete case management and medical service paperwork within Department of Human Services (DHS) standards and timeframes to ensure rates are aligned with client needs.
Ensures timely completion of all client paperwork, including attendance and documentation data on all goal objectives and support developed with client; client rights and releases are signed annually and are current, as required by Agency and DHS Policy
Monitor and assess the use of awarded hours with the Primary QIDP, Program Managers, and Director, apply for additional support funding for clients when necessary and respond to all requests for documentation from DHS in a timely manner.
Maintain program compliance with Clearbrook and Libenu requirements.
Complete quality assurance duties which include being knowledgeable of the DHS Settings rule; maintain client records, and all medical documentation.
Assist in coordinating client intake, admission, transfers, and discharge in conjunction with the Outreach Manager, Program Manager and Primary QIDP
Collaborate with Individual Service Coordinator (ISC) and Home-Based Facilitator or Service Direct Administrator (SDA) ensuring ICAP scores, Assessments, Q-Notes, Discovery Tool, Personal Plan, Implementation Strategies, and all relevant updates are completed annually, within DHS required guidelines and time frames
Provide direct support in problem or crisis situations as required.
- Attend and pass the QIDP class offered by Clearbrook.
- Complete mandatory training annually.
- Must maintain CEU’s for the QIDP certification throughout employment
Work Hours- Full Time with Cell Phone
Reports to- Clearbrook Coordinator
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
The Americans with Disa6i/ities Act prohibits discrimination against any qualified individual with a disability. To be qualified for this position an individual must meet the following standards and be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must pass pre-employment physical and drug test within 10 days of the job offer.
- Must pass an Illinois state criminal background check with no disqualifying conditions.
- Must pass TB test within 30 days of employment.
- Must be at least 18 years o( age. Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must furnish proof of vehicle insurance. Must be QIDP certified within 120 days.
- Must be insurable by Clearbrook.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Work may be performed in a variety of settings with varying levels of cleanliness, noise, etc.
- Occasional exposure to aggressive clients.
- Exposure to bloodborne or airborne pathogens.
- Hazards typically present in a home environment.
Send resume and cover letter to Dina@Libenu.org.
Lev Respite Staff
Libenu is seeking part-time Respite Workers for children and teens with intellectual and developmental disabilities; M-Th from 3:45pm -7:15pm for our Lev Respite program.
Lev Respite provides desperately-needed assistance to families who have children and teens with intellectual and developmental disabilities by offering professional, dependable, well-structured respite services in a safe, nurturing environment. Lev’s activities are person-centered and designed to maximize each child’s potential. Lev participants develop social, emotional, communication, and life skills through an experiential curriculum that includes art, music, movement and play activities that are rooted in best practices.
The Respite Worker will:
• Maintain the well-being and safety of participants
• Participate in planning and implementing developmentally and age-appropriate social, recreational, and learning activities for participants
• Support and assist with activities of daily living (may include lifting, dressing, walking, feeding, toileting and diaper changing)
• Provide 1-1 and small group support for participants
• Supervise and direct volunteers as needed
• Maintain a Covid-safe environment by following all Covid protocols for the program.
• Support children and volunteers in maintaining social distancing, frequent hand sanitizing, and cleaning surfaces
• Implement established behavior plans and academic goals
• Assist with set up and clean up, disinfecting, and organizing the classroom space before and after the program
• Participate in paid staff trainings and supervision
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job:
• Ability to closely observe participant in care.
• Ability to run, walk, stand, sit on the floor, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, jump, listen, hear, and talk.
• Ability to reach with hands and arms.
• Ability to support weight of up to 40 pounds of a client (i.e., carry a child, assist with
lifting an adult).
• These activities are performed both outdoors and indoors throughout the year.
• During COVID, staff are provided and required to wear/use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), such as masks, face shield, hand sanitizer, etc.
Lev Respite is located on the north side of Chicago. The work environment characteristics are representative of those an individual would encounter in a school setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Employees may encounter participants who demonstrate difficult behaviors, including but not limited to crying, tantrums, kicking, screaming, and verbal and/or physical aggression.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent, college preferred
• Direct Service Professional (DSP) preferred
• Minimum of 1 year experience working who have individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities
• Ability to accept and engage in supervision
• Must meet physical demands of the position
• Must successfully complete a background check
• Familiarity with Jewish customs and traditions preferred
Salary: $15 – $18 per hour, commensurate with experience.
This list of position functions is not all-inclusive and may be supplemented or modified. Libenu’s mission is to provide residential, vocational, and respite opportunities for people with disabilities to live with dignity and respect, as fully included members of their community. Libenu is internationally recognized as one of the most innovative not-for-profit organizations in the United States. Libenu uses person-centered planning to provide a gold standard of care in all of its programs. Libenu is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to building a diverse workforce and positive working environment.
Send resume and cover letter to Rivka@Libenu.org.