Join Libenu Clients for a Day or Night Out
Join Libenu on a number of inclusive community outings each month! Our clients regularly enjoy going to fun activities in Chicago such as Lincoln Park Zoo, The Botanic Gardens, Ravinia, Loyola Beach, the movie theater, Old Orchard, Webber Center in Skokie, and dinner at a multitude of kosher restaurants. Contact Metuka to find out how to attend an upcoming event, or to help plan an inclusive community activity!
It is an unfortunate statistic that a large percentage of adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities are either unemployed or underemployed. Adults with disabilities face multiple barriers to employment, the most problematic of which is the erroneous assumption that they cannot do the job. In fact, adults with disabilities bring unique talents, determination, and a strong work ethic to their places of employment. People with disabilities have a lower rate of absenteeism and a higher sense of job satisfaction when compared to their typical peers. They deserve the opportunity for greater self-sufficiency through gainful employment.
Do you own a business or have a job available? Are you an innovative, forward-thinking entrepreneur? Consider one of our clients as your next employee. For information, contact
In order for adults with special needs to live independent, fulfilling lives, they must have vocational options that are appropriate, purposeful, and sustainable. To find ways to employ a Libenu client, contact Metuka at email@example.com.
Chair/Join a Committee
- Development – Help with fundraising and event planning
- Social Media and Outreach – Raise awareness and promote independence and inclusion for adults with disabilities
- Advocacy and Policy– Work worth legislators to advocate for people with disabilities
- Holiday – Plan
Sponsor an Event
Sponsor a holiday celebration in a client home, a group outing, or a fundraiser. Corporate sponsors have varying levels of giving (link to page), each coming with unique benefits. To sponsor an event, contact Shana at firstname.lastname@example.org
Spend time with Libenu and be a(n)…
- Educator: Looking for a volunteer to give an ongoing shiur to the young men of the Libenu Home.
- Musician: Looking for a volunteer to provide ongoing musical programming for Libenu Home Clients.
- Grant Writer: Looking for an experienced grant writer to help raise money for Libenu.
- Friend: Come to the house just have hang out with the Libenu clients, or join the group for a community activity.
- Host: Host get-togethers at your house for a handful of wonderful clients for shabbat and holiday meals, or for a holiday party.
- Employer: There are many reasons and advantages to hiring an individual with disabilities to work for you. Check out this article to learn more!
- Leader: Join the group of dynamic leaders on the Young Leadership Board at the forefront of inclusion and caring in Chicago. Monthly social activities with our clients, Shabbat meals, and holiday parties.
Host a Parlor Meeting
Invite a group of friends to your home or business to learn about Libenu. By hosting a parlor night in your home, you educate the community, support meaningful services, and become an ambassador.
To discuss hosting a parlor night, and becoming a Libenu Ambassador, contact Metuka at email@example.com.
Development – Help with fund-raising and event planning.
Social Media and Outreach – Raise awareness and promote independence and inclusion for adults with disabilities.
Advocacy and Policy – Work worth legislators to advocate for people with disabilities.
Holiday – Plan, sponsor, or host inclusive holiday celebrations.